Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby Steps...

.5 - 12:30

Well, Day 1 is done. Wow, I knew I was starting from ground zero, but tonight just reaffirmed it for me. Before dinner I decided I'd start off easy with a mile on the treadmill. Well, sadly, I couldn't even manage that. My back totally tightened up on me by .5 and I had to stop. It took me 12:30 to do my 1/2 mile - discouraging.

What I am really proud of is though, is that after having dinner, play some WOW (World of Warcraft - yes, I'm a geek), I got back on the treadmill and finished my remaining 1/2 mile. In better time too, 10:30. My back tightened up again at the end, so I have the feeling I'll be doing my walking in 1/2 mile stretches til my back strengthens. If anyone has some back exercises they can recommend - chime in!

Baby steps, but we'll get there!

No comments: