Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rained on my Parade

Or more like rained on my lazy butt! Trip to California was fun, but it rained almost the entire time - good thing we rented a convertible, eh? Needless to say the rain gave me no motivation to get out and walk. And we've been back for 2 days and I still haven't walked - grr! I lost my motivation and I have been feeling like crap. See I am allergic to down pillows and Gadgetboy's parents had a couple on their guestroom bed. Sweetly Gadgetboy went thru and tried to separate out the down pillows from the non-down from the 20 pillows on the bed - but he missed one! So I work up on Sunday AM having a hard time breathing, and even ended up using my inhaler Sunday night.

So since I have been home my head has been foggy and feels like it weighs 100 pounds. So tonight I normally go out with a couple of girlfriends for a couple of beers after a Stained Glass class I am taking. But the bar we go to is CRAZY smoky (we ain't in Cali anymore!), so in order to be able to get back on track and walking again (oh yeah and breathe), I am bailing on girl time to go home and hopefully walk. I am already 4 times behind on the training calendar I made for myself. Well, kinda, it started on the 27th, so all of the walking I did the previous week hadn't been counted yet. And this first week all consists of only walking 10 or 15 minutes a day, so I feel I can make that up by extending my walks to half an hour and walking on my scheduled off day - Friday. So hopefully come Saturday I will be back on track!

No comments: