Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Psyched

1.1 - 25:00

Still sore this morning from my fall from grace yesterday, but hit the treadmill again. I think that by telling folks about the walk, keeping this journal, discussing it so much with S., K. and Gadgetboy has made me so accountable and that is whyI am getting up and walking. I do feel a lot better, have a lot much energy, so that is also why I am walking. But the being accountable is what is getting me out of bed in the morning.

Meet up with K. last night to talk about the marathon, walking schedules and hotel plans. We're hoping to get together once a month to do a long walk either along the C&O or Rock Creek Parkway. Turns out she is planning on just doing the 1/2 marathon, not the full. I am still planning on doing the full, but we'll see how it pans out, how the training goes. 26 miles of 16 minute miles sounds crazy!

Got a call from D. last night and she sounds like she is up for the trip as well. Think she is planning on running the 1/2 marathon and spending a week in Disney.

Gadgetboy and I are still trying to decide how long and which hotel we're going to stay at in Disney. He loves Disney and feels that the only way to do it is to do it full out. Since we'll be spending a week in Sedona two weeks before the marathon, I'm leaning towards a more budgeted trip, and doing the full on trip at some other point with just us, or with friends.

No comments: